[OM] Re: @%$% camera ergonomics, was: E-3 specs - specifically weight.

Subject: [OM] Re: @%$% camera ergonomics, was: E-3 specs - specifically weight.
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 07:38:38 -0700 (PDT)
Dr Flash wrote:
> Yes, the 2/3 sensor works just fine... as long as you don't get it
> off ISO 100.  ISO 400 is a disaster.  I'm not sure I can tell the
> difference between ISO 100 and ISO 400 on the Canyon.

Very true.  At low ISO, the 2/3 sensor is outstanding. Actually, the
A1's 5MP sensor combined with RAW conversion in Rawshooter is
perfectly capable of mind-blowing images. Add to that, the extreme
sensor headroom that resists blowouts so well.

> Your proposed contrast adjustment on the top screen wouldn't be
> necessary if you could just punch a button and see the data on the
> top screen shown on the back screen.

In reality, I rarely need to look at the top since the E-1 has almost
everything visible in the viewfinder.  Remaining card capacity would
be nice as would a full-time ISO display. My ideal night camera would
have back-lit buttons.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com