[OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:12:53 -0500

>  If they duplicate their approach with a new DSLR that they took
> with the M8, ie., an aperture priority manual focus camera, they may
> find a lot of enthusiastic old farts, who understand what makes for
> an easy to use camera snapping them up, even if they are expensive.

Wow! That would make me move to the red dot in a second. I've spent since
about 1967 developing skills, and now I am expected to become a passive
operator of a computer device. Thanks!

Are there times when I use auto exposure? Sure, as it is generally quite
accurate. Mostly, I set my cameras on auto or just judge exposure by eye.
Auto-focus is another story. For every situation where it brings home the
bacon, there is another where it totally screws up the shot. In my opinion,
the greatest advantage of digital is that you don't waste film when the
frigging AF either picks the wrong point or just gives up or is glacially
slow. You would expect that all the automation would free up the user to
concentrate on composition, but I don't see much evidence of that.

If I were 20, I might see things differently.

Bill Pearce, grumpy old fart.