[OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 09:33:22 -0700
An E410 + 150/2 delivers the size/weight advantage of four thirds. It
is actually fairly easy to use hand held. Oly still gets most of my
money but the weight of their lenses limits how much they get. The
only thing amatuer about the E410 for my use is the lack of a MF/AF
switch.

Unfortunately the fast D. Zuiko zooms are essentially the same weight
as the equivalent C*non. However the Zuiko 7-14mm was unique when it
came out and has easily more than paid back its cost for me. The C*non
16-35 II looks to be quite competitive. The weight of the C*non L
glass has prevented them from getting any of my money for lenses so
far.

Vote with your pocket book. If it is too big & too heavy, don't buy it.

The list has migrated quite far away from OM. It probably won't be
long before only the occaisional new OM user seeking answers to
questions is the only thing keeping the list with any significant
Olympus content.

-jeff