[OM] Voigtlander 125/2.5

Subject: [OM] Voigtlander 125/2.5
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 12:08:12 -0400
Yes, Big Foot is quite a nice character once you get to know him and become
accustomed to his heft.? He is quite compact with no extension however, and
beautifully constructed.??? It is the fastest, longest lens that goes to 1:1 in
OM that I know of.
He works nicely chasing critters with flexibility in the Mag, good working
distance and background control.

I had related the story of Big Foot a few weeks ago.? I had scoured the planet
for one.? Stephen Gandy at Camerquest responded to my inquiry regarding the
chance of his obtaining one with the one word e-mail "none."? The Mayalsian
dealer in passing stated he had spotted one in a store in Tokyo a few months
back.? Keiji Kato an optics tech at Cosina amazingly went and picked it (? 3
now) and sent it to me with billing via Camerquest.?
It has beautiful bokeh, very sharp and is APO except when getting close to 1:1
when the pixel peepers would call the Viv s1 90mm better with little to no CA.?
The light loss at full extension is about 2 stops (I have not made out my chart
yet) which the Viv S1 loses just with the matched TC.? The Kiron is no slouch
and I am not selling my Zuiko 135 which is lighter though only goes to 1:2.?
Perhaps Moose can personally compare them with his next N Eng trip.? I have
some photos of Big Foot's very first field trip that still need to be scanned.

Here is one review:
http://www.photozone.de/8Reviews/lenses/voigtlander_lanthar_125_25/index.htm

I have the MTF curves from Keiji which I posted as my 3rd post after joining
the list a couple years ago.? I can prolly dig up the FF tests (in Spanish) if
someone is interested.

Mike ( with lighter wallet but no regrets)

?

The recent link posted to cameraquest turned up some interesting OM
mount info. It appears that Mike's exhaustive search for an OM mount
Voigtlander 125mm f2.5 macro lens which focuses 1:1 turned up more
than just the one he bought. At the bottom of the page there is a
comment that there are TWO Olympus mount lenses available. If anyone
thinks they want one, they should probably act. Mike looked everywhere
imagineable to turn one up.

http://www.cameraquest.com/inventor.htm

(Mike apparently found the den where the last big foot family was hiding out)
-jeff

http://mail.aol.com