[OM] Re: Deleterious effects of water on cameras, was: E-System weight

Subject: [OM] Re: Deleterious effects of water on cameras, was: E-System weight
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:41:19 -0400
As a rule I keep only batteries in my pocket, and let the camera fend
for itself in the cold. Back in the car, it goes in the bag and the
bag gets closed. The car's never that hot, especially after it's been
sitting a while, and I've never noticed any condensation from getting
in and out of the car on the coldest of days. When I get home, the
gear goes in the bag, the bag is closed and zipped up tight, and then
taken inside, were it sits for a couple of hours before I open it to
get the cards out. If I really want the cards right away, I take them
out in the cold, put them in a pocket, and then close up the camera
bag before going inside.

So far, no problems. Haven't even cleaned the sensor on my E-1 in
three years.

--Bob