[OM] Re: Varimagni on Canyon, was: Re: E-3 specs

Subject: [OM] Re: Varimagni on Canyon, was: Re: E-3 specs
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 16:43:45 -0700
AG Schnozz wrote:
> I say, "screw the Varimagni."  That's what articulating live-view LCD
> displays are all about.  Get with the program!

The alternative for a live view camera with fixed screen is a cheap,
battery powered TV with composite video input. Hook up the video cable
from camera to TV and hold it wherever the cord allows and at whatever
angle you want. You can find them for under $50, or the Casio for $75 is
ruggedized and weatherproof.
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006HO6O/ref=ord_cart_shr/102-8500774-9607305?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=A3H89ADJHTH9SN&v=glance>

I haven't done this yet, as I don't have a DSLR wtih live view and don't
need it for the P&Ss. I have tried hooking the P&Ss up to a TV and they
work just as usual, but with the image on the TV, instead of the LCD.

What you really need, of course, is half a pair of surround video
glasses and a bluetooth connection. :-)

Moose