[OM] Announcing the 2007 Olympus Solstice Photo Exchange!

Subject: [OM] Announcing the 2007 Olympus Solstice Photo Exchange!
From: Steve Dropkin <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 21:17:58 -0500
It's October and the year is dwindling to a few precious months. :-o
That means it is time again for an OM-List tradition -- the
end-of-the-year Photo Exchange!

WHAT IS IT?

The Exchange is a fun opportunity for members to share a favorite
image with another List member -- and with the entire List. On the
official day of the Exchange, Brian Swale will unveil a Web site of
all the photos so everyone can see the fine work we do.

The subject of the photo is up to you, within the bounds of good
taste. It's always nice to provide some information about the
subject, exposure, etc. It is _not_ necessary to take a picture just
for the Exchange, though you certainly can use this as an "excuse".

An Olympus body -- OMs, E-thingys, rangefinders, Pens, 6s, point &
shoots, etc. -- must be used to take the picture. Beyond that, the
equipment used is up to you.

STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO PARTICIPATING

Because we are fast closing in on the end of October, deadlines
will be a little tight this year. Our apologies in advance...

1. Send me an email off-list (at steve@xxxxxxxxxxx) telling me
you're in. Include your postal address.

2. Send a JPEG of your image to Brian (specific instructions and
location below). PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU ARE NOT AN OFFICIAL EXCHANGE
PARTICIPANT UNTIL BRIAN HAS YOUR JPEG.

By 12:00 AM GMT on November 14, I must have your mailing address and
Brian must have your JPEG.

3. On November 15, I'll send you the name and mailing address of
your Exchange partner.

4. Send a print of your image to that partner. Your Exchange partner
should have your print by December 20.

5. On December 21, open the print you received from another List
member and check out Brian's Exchange Web site!

TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE!

The OM-List is international. You should assume your Exchange
partner is on another continent with a postal system that is even
slower than yours :-p. Please allow as much time as possible to send
your print in time for December 20 so everyone can open their prints
on the 21st. If you are "running late", YOU are responsible for
expediting delivery (at its attendant cost). Everyone should have
their print no later than December 20, 2007. I know we're running a
little late on announcing this Exchange, but we'll try to keep this
event timely and simple. IF YOU CANNOT COMMIT TO THE DEADLINES,
PLEASE DON'T DISAPPOINT SOMEONE ELSE BY SIGNING UP.

JPEG DETAILS

The file you send Brian must be a JPEG. For portrait-format shots,
size it to 640 pixels on the long side; for landscape-format shots,
size it to 640 to 800 pixels on the long side. Send the file to
Brian using the email link at
http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/solstice/

QUESTIONS?

Please contact me (at steve@xxxxxxxxxxx) or Brian (at