[OM] Re: Visit to NZ and Oz

Subject: [OM] Re: Visit to NZ and Oz
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 02:47:08 -0700
Jez Cunningham wrote:
> I think it's great how 'an hour-and-a-half up the road' is considered to be
> more-or-less still 'Brisbane'.

If you don't time it right, it can take longer than that just to get of
the SF Bay area. I love the part where I live, but getting through all
the surroundings to somewhere else I like can be a challenge.
> Starting here in Belgium, 'an hour-and-a-half up the road' has me in France,
> UK, Netherlands, Germany, or Luxembourg.  Unless they're digging up the
> roads again :-(

The whole scale of Europe is so different from places like Oz and the
Western US. Even the US NE is all so close together compared to out
here. Fly East out of Calif. and starting at the Nev. border, you can
spend a couple of hours at 400+ mph flying over unpopulated, generally
barren or extremely rough country.

Moose