[OM] Re: Varimagni finder compatibility with non-olympus cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: Varimagni finder compatibility with non-olympus cameras
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 17:51:27 -0400
As I answered the other day (with a later correction by Moose) the
Varimagni will fit somewhat loosely on a 5D (not sure about other
bodies) but it doesn't slide down far enough to be fully centered on the
eyepiece.  That said, I think I can see the image (or most of it) but
not the status info below the image.

The Pentax, however should work well.  I thought I had a Pentax P3
around here to try it but I may have discarded it with the move after
determining that it was electrically comatose.  But what you'd really
like is the reverse situation.  The Pentax angle finders (called
"refconverters") don't reverse the image right to left as the Varimagni
does.

But here's a note from Tom Trottier from 2004 attesting to the
compatibility