[OM] Re: OT - Peter Lik again

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - Peter Lik again
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 14:53:29 -0700
Paul Braun wrote:
> .....  He said there was a smaller print of "Heaven on Earth", available
> framed and shipped for $8000, and that should be affordable to me.
>
> Yeah, right.
>
> He also said I should buy it right now, since it's been selling so well
> it will more than double in price by next year.
>
> Guess I'll just have to get a book and admire the photos in miniature.
>
> If Lik can get $21k for a print, more power to him.  But I also think he
> should offer something that the common people can also afford.
>
> But that's just me.

His problem is that, if he releases cheaper versions, the value of the
prime ones goes down and his whole business model falls apart.
Exclusivity is a prime part of the formula that maintains the price of
luxury goods.

The sell faux Gucci, et al in places like Times Square, maybe he'll get
big enough to be copied?

Moose