[OM] OT, poor weather, was Taking Bill's advice

Subject: [OM] OT, poor weather, was Taking Bill's advice
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 06:45:41 +0100
Graham is the one skilled at extracting the best light and the best
weather.

In my experience, the weather is sh*t wherever you are.  It's either
too hot or too cold, too wet or too dry, there aren't enough seasons
or it's too predictable.  When I first visited California I was very
disappointed to find it continually cloudy.  Florida has some of the
worst and nastiest weather I've experienced (tornados and hurricanes,
thunderstorm every afternoon at 1541 precisely in Summer ;-)).

And Canada!  I used to fly from Goose Bay in the east, practising
ultra low-level flying (down to 100ft above ground, very exciting)
and TFR in cloud and I have strong memories of  really wild weather
in the wilderness.

Perhaps it's just that the Brits are best at complaining about the
weather ...

Chris