[OM] Re: Taking Bill's advice

Subject: [OM] Re: Taking Bill's advice
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 08:35:49 -0600
Moose wrote:
> Walters, Martin wrote:
>> My memory of UK weather is that it's sh*t. How come you and Gee Bee
>> always seem to get sun. Is this a well kept secret to keep the
>> foreigners/expats away?
>>
> When I spent a few weeks in and out, mostly in, the UK in '77, there was
> the occasional bit of rain, but it was mostly wonderful weather. Maybe
> it was laid on especially for the Q's silver jubilee?

My experience has always been the opposite -- every time I've been to
Britain, the weather's been brilliant, with the one exception of this
past May/June, where we had the occasional rainy day and a fair amount
of cloud.  (After I left, the poor Brits had one of the worst, rainiest
summers in memory).  But even then, many sunny breaks, during one of
which Royce and I tromped around the countryside near Cambridge taking
pictures of old Norman churches and everything else silly enough to come
within camera range...

Garth