[OM] Re: Oregon trip

Subject: [OM] Re: Oregon trip
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 13:01:15 -0700

>That bad ?
>
>...Wayne

Yes.

While Moose is right that there isn't much to do at CL once you take in
the view I do think a stay at the lodge is worthwhile (if/when they
clean up their act). The light was beautiful and changing. In the
evening we went for a walk in near white-out conditions with only an
occasional indication that a lake resided 1000' directly below us.
Dinner in the lodge was pleasent. During the night the stars came out
with the big dipper hanging above the lake viewed from our window. In
the morning I went out before sunrise with a cup of hot coffee. After
breakfast we headed up Garfield Pk. a couple miles from the lodge. We
made it 3/4ths the way up with fine views before being turned back by
deteriorating weather and deepening snow.

E510
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/E%20OR/Oct07/tree993.jpg>
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/E%20OR/Oct07/trail003.jpg>

OM4t
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/E%20OR/Oct07/rim019.jpg>
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/E%20OR/Oct07/sunrise031.jpg
The north entrance and loop road had been closed when we arrived
necessitating a 60mi detour to the south entrance but the road was
opened just as we were leaving allowing us to exit via the loop. I'm
sure it soon closed again as it was snowning hard as we left. All-in-all
worth an overnight, room excepted.

Mike