[OM] Re: Ree: Re: For vintage car buffs ?

Subject: [OM] Re: Ree: Re: For vintage car buffs ?
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 02:39:32 -0400
Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Well, I'm not Moose, but in both images I think the car is fine,
> saturation wise. I'd work a little on the building in the background
> in the first shot, and in the second, if the image allows it, I'd
> lower the car and get more building.
>
> Was the first shot a vertical, or cropped to vertical?
>
> --Bob

Thanks for the interesting critique.

The first shot was envisioned cropped as it is, so I needed to shoot
vertical to begin with. The goal was to time it so everything comes
together including the sky elements. It was shot late afternoon hand
held, at about 200mm, around 1/25 sec. with in-camera "Shake Reduction"
on ($149 lens, no image stabilization built into that lens).

The second, there is no more "building" as that is just a fence, but I
wanted to do a shot there with my red car for a while. It benefited from
a little strobe fill with my metz 33CT2. Here's 2 more views from that
session:

http://mutley.hypermart.net/MyTbird-MultiPaintedWall5.jpg

http://mutley.hypermart.net/MyTbird-MultiPaintedWall.jpg

Larry