[OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:32:13 -0700
> From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Granted,
> the 7-14 covers a wider angle at 7mm than the Canyon at 16mm but the
> difference is only 5% (114 vs 108 degrees on the diagonal).

Heh heh. Real Wide Freaks won't give up no steenkeen 5%!

The 7-14 is the whole reason I bought into the E System.

> Does the ZD 7-14 have better
> image quality?

You need to play with one, Chuck. It's incredible. Sharp corner-to-
corner at any focal length. Zero distortion.

Would I have preferred a fixed 7mm with half the weight and half the
size and a stop or two faster? Certainly, but for what it is, the 7-14
is one of a kind.

:::: The record is clear that left to their own devices, the
automobile manufacturers lack the wisdom or the will or both to switch
decisively to the production of inexpensive, compact, energy-saving
cars appropriate to our present needs. -- Donald E. Weeden, 1975 ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com ::::