[OM] Re: E3 Specials

Subject: [OM] Re: E3 Specials
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 21:46:20 -0600
Wayne Harridge wrote:

[snip]

> A cynic might say Olympus are having power consumption problems with the E-3,
> so the Powergrip is a "sweetener".

Well, I can't find any evidence of this offer for Canadian customers, so
I'm making the half-assed assumption that the announcement is UK- or
Europe-based, and a way of goosing the sales there (since the base price
for the E-3 in Britain and on the Continent seems to be significantly
higher than here in North America).

Makes sense -- a way for Olympus to bring down the all-in cost of the
system to owners who were going to buy the grip anyways.

Garth