[OM] Re: [OT] Leopard upgrade - was Re: Re: Aperture and printing with e

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Leopard upgrade - was Re: Re: Aperture and printing with epson 890 - frustrating!
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 08:00:40 +1000
swisspace wrote:
> one big flaw with time machine is that you can't delete files from the
> backups, mine is staying disabled, and I will continue with my old
> backup strategy. I mea what is the point of secure delete if you can't
> remove it from time machine.

I read somewhere (gizmodo?) that this was offered as a criticism by some
magazine writer as well, but that it *is* actually possible. Let me go
have a look...

Ahhh, here it is:

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2007/10/10_takes_on_osx_leopard.html

from the original article:

http://www.technologyreview.com/Infotech/19621/?a=f
(See comments)

Also, from the Apple site, does the section "Back up only what you need"
cover this:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/timemachine.html

I'm not sure all this is the solution, as I don't own, and have never
used, anything Apple other than my iPod (no, that's not true - my Dad
bought us the IIC when it came out).

Cheers,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz