[OM] Re: In-camera BW vs. creating a BW image during PP

Subject: [OM] Re: In-camera BW vs. creating a BW image during PP
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 23:01:26 -0400
I don't think there's any reason you can't have both.  I'm not sure what
would happen to the small, embedded JPEG image that's contained within a
Canon raw file but certainly with Canons you can shoot both raw and JPEG
at the same time.  The separate JPEG image will respond to the "picture
style" settings which include B&W with appropriate B&W color filters and
toning.  That would give you the opportunity to visualize what you're
shooting but if you don't like it later on you can still take the raw
file and twiddle it all day long in PhotoShop which will give you much
more control over the conversion.  There are so many ways to convert to
B&W withing PhotoShop it would make your head spin.  Just as complicated
or more so than developing and printing in the darkroom.

Chuck Norcutt