[OM] Re: Decisions, decisions..

Subject: [OM] Re: Decisions, decisions..
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 23:35:56 -0700
Dan Mitchell wrote:
>> Nobody seems to believe and/or listen to me on the subject, but I'll say
>> again that I'm very pleased with the Tamron AF 17-35MM F/2.8-4 Di LD
>> Aspherical (IF).
>>

>   Just on this topic -- whoa. Pricing up here:(hey, let's try those <>
> things and see what happens)
>
> <http://www.vistek.ca/details/details.aspx?WebCode=213495&CategoryID=CameraLenses>
>
>   $699.95 canadian. Buying from the States:
>
> <http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/303166-REG/Tamron_AF05C700_17_35mm_f_2_8_4_Di_Autofocus.html>
>
>   $299.95 US. (so, like, $3.75 canadian? :) )

Ah, well, I can see why you would see it differently. It is an
exceptional value at $300. You can't buy from B&H?

Maybe it's time to pay for a photo trip to the US with camera equipment
savings. :-)  Or maybe a listee like Wayne who shuttles across the
border regularly would help you out. I think Wayne, in particular, has
been in Bolivia lately.

Moose