[OM] Re: E-3 User Comments

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 User Comments
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 08:33:09 -0400
I am starting to wonder if the logic that lead to the change of hard to soft
switch has to with how the MF design of the SWD lenses works. IIRC the new
lenses are being promoted as having some sort of mechanical manual focus
rather than the focus by wire system that has been the standard till now.
Perhaps with the new lenses you just grab the MF ring and the camera lets
you focus regardless of the mode?

I imagine I won't figure out how much I will get on with this change until
the E-3 lands at my house. Like Donald notes, I find my myself drawn in to
buy this one quite badly right now :)

Dan S.