[OM] Re: E-3 User Comments

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 User Comments
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 21:13:25 -0600
Garth Wood wrote:
> Well, I've done something with the E-3 that I never did with the E-1;
> put my money down and pre-ordered one from the local pro shop.  They
> *claim* that the bodies will be arriving sometime next week.  Landed
> cost is $1,750.00 CDN plus tax, which for once is quite competitive with
> places like B&H after you factor in the shipping and Canada Customs'

  Is that The Camera Store? If that's what they're asking, I may well do
the same -- that's a relatively reasonable markup compared to the "real"
price (let's see, with exchange rates what they are, from B&H or
somewhere, it'd be only cdn$1589, and shipping + UPS 'clearance' fees
make it much of a muchness overall. (now, lenses are still another
thing, especially with the rebate; see 'mail forwarding' thread --
there's a $100 rebate on E-3 bodies, though that's also "US only",
irritatingly) ).

  According to these:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1022&message=25461006
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1022&message=25463219

  existing DZ lenses have faster AF with the E-3, which would be very
nice if so.

  -- dan