[OM] Re: Oregon trip

Subject: [OM] Re: Oregon trip
From: "Paul Laughlin" <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 21:47:24 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike" <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "1" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2007 2:13 PM

Know all but Wren and had to look it up.  We lived in Fossil from '78 to
'83.  Used to visit a friend at his ranch at Twickenham.  In fact the
picture looks like it could have been taken from his ranch just south of the
bridge on the west side of the river.  I have been told that there is a
Laughlin Ranch near Paisley.  No relation, of course. LOL  I worked at an
FAA radar site on a mountaid near Fossil.
Paul in Portland OR

Slowly getting through my pictures. Here are a few more of the places we
visited. Even the local residents of OR may need an atlas to find some
of these :)

Interior, Harris Bridge at Wren
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/E%20OR/Oct07/bridge950.jpg>

The Star getting a make-over. Bly
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/E%20OR/Oct07/star029.jpg>

Downtown Paisley. We stayed in the Sage Rooms. Near here is where my
wife's gg grandfather homesteaded in 1872. More about that later.
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/E%20OR/Oct07/paisley035.jpg>

Twickenham on the John Day River
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/E%20OR/Oct07/twickenham032.jpg>

Mikkalo, only the tops of the grain elevators can be seen until you're
right on top of it.
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/E%20OR/Oct07/mikkalo033.jpg>

Painted Hills. Got there early and fixed breakfast. Watched the changing
light while having coffee then took a short hike.
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/E%20OR/Oct07/ptdhills057.jpg>
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/E%20OR/Oct07/ptdhills064.jpg>
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/E%20OR/Oct07/ptdhills069.jpg>