[OM] Re: [OT] Leopard upgrade - was Re: Re: Aperture and printing with

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Leopard upgrade - was Re: Re: Aperture and printing with
From: "Geilfuss Charles" <Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 08:59:42 -0600
        Black Death (aka Bubonic or Pneumonic Plague) in the USA has
less to do with 3rd world conditions and more to do with the fact that
the causative bacterium (Yersinia pestis) is endemic to rodents in the
American southwest. Local docs should be aware of it and consider it in
the differential diagnosis of someone presenting with sudden onset of
fevers, enlarged lymph nodes or pneumonia. It is easy to treat with the
appropriate antibiotics IF you think of it. The real danger is to
visitors who get exposed, return to a non-endemic area, and then get
sick. Your doc may not think of Plague because it doesn't occur in his
area.

Charlie