[OM] Re: OT Audis, was New Picture Posted

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Audis, was New Picture Posted
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 18:39:01 -0600
Winsor Crosby wrote:
> Yep. The Impreza WRX is the best driver's car by far I ever had  an
> Alfa, RX-7, and a so called SAAB sport sedan . In a 3 way comparison
> a few years ago it trounced the BMW AWD wagon and was barely edged
> out by the S4 AWD Quattro which was running optional sport
> suspension, wider wheel options and summer high perfomance tires. The
> WRX was running the wheels and miserable M&S Bridgestones that came
> with it.  Stick some Pirelli Pzero Nero tires on it and gobble up S4s
> in the twisties.

I can't afford the fancy Italian shoes, so I've got a set of Kumho's on
it.  Love 'em.

Mine is s lowly 2.5RS, since when I was in the market, the WRX hadn't
come in yet and, when it did, it was $8k more than mine.  That was a
deal-killer.  However, I've driven a couple and they are sweet....

This Impreza is the first car I've owned that really feels like an
extension of me.  It's hard to explain, but I really feel like the car
does whatever I ask of it, and politely informs me when I'm about to do
something stupid.

And then there was the time that she kept me out of the concrete
barriers when I had to do a 70mph accident-avoidance slalom and ended up
doing a 360 on the Indiana Toll Road leading into Chicago.  I missed the
chunk of steel that flew off the truck in front of me, missed both
concrete walls, and didn't hit any other cars.  Ended up stopped,
pointing forwards, back in my lane.

After I changed my shorts and stopped shaking, I kissed my car.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon