[OM] [OT] Online Photo sharing sites

Subject: [OM] [OT] Online Photo sharing sites
From: "Mike Butler" <om2s.usr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 16:50:25 -0800
Hello All,

A few days ago there was some talk about Flikr and other photo sharing sites
that as I recall, was more centered around the user interface.  I was just
asked which sites do not try to take your copyright?  Someone here mentioned
Smugmug for ease of use, how does it fare for copyright issues?

I seem to remember a recent lawsuit against Flikr for selling the photo of a
young girl at a church function that was subsequently doctored and used to
sell condoms or some such.  I have heard similar issues with Snapfish, Kodak
and others.  What can we do short of setting up our own website?

Thanks for your help,

Mike Butler
Dublin, California