[OM] Re: OT Audis, was New Picture Posted

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Audis, was New Picture Posted
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 09:30:15 -0800 (PST)
> Agree with the comments about needing loads of grunt for 130+ My S4
> would easily sail through 130 but the R32 just doesn't have the
> muscle.

Ok, I've driven a race-ready 911 turbo at Waktins Glen years ago. It
was used for a high-speed driving course.  Scared the snot out of me
flying into turn-1 (wetted down with water and the instructor locks
up the rear brakes and i have to drift it through the corner without
taking out the sandtrap.

As far as that 130mph threshold, well, my RX7 could just barely do
it, but the convertable tended to get a bit light in the steering.
The third-gen RX7 I test-drove took me right up to it so quickly I
have no idea how fast it would top out at, but it was faster than I
wanted to go.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com