[OM] Re: Zuiko 12-60mm in stock (?)

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 12-60mm in stock (?)
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 07:44:30 -0500
Jeff,

My local pro store has had them in stock for a couple of weeks now. They say
they have sold 4 so far with just one left in stock. Their asking price is a
cool $1000 though so as nice as it felt in the hand I resisted temptation.
The lens is bigger than the 14-54 (how it wouldn't be I don't know) though
unscientific observed it doesn't seem that much heavier than the 14-54.
Build seems on par with the mid grade lenses and the manual clutched focus
ring is nicely damped. I am thinking I will get one when the price has come
down somewhat nearer $600-ish.

This same store has an order for 5 E-3's awaiting fulfillment from Oly with
3 presold. If I wasn't about to go on a trip my name would be on #4. Did
anyone else here email Olympus America asking if they would be extending the
same offers that Oly Europe are to E-1 owners? I sent one at the end of last
week but did not hear anything back.

Dan S.