[OM] Re: now i've done it, was Re: filter rec. for 12-60mm

Subject: [OM] Re: now i've done it, was Re: filter rec. for 12-60mm
From: "siddiq@xxxxxxx" <siddiq@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 09:33:25 -0800

On Nov 7, 2007, at 9:24 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

> Ha, ha!  Clear filters unique to digital!  What the marketers won't
> think up next!  Clear and UV filters are one of the biggest profit
> margin things a camera dealer sells.  Skip the clear protective
> filters
> (for either film or digital) and just keep your lens hood on.  It's
> better protection against bangs and bumps.  Ignore the UV filter as
> well.  Modern lenses already absorb as much UV as a typical UV
> filter is
> likely to cut.  B+W makes filters with brass threads.  Good stuff but
> you won't need any filter beyond a polarizer.
>
> Chuck Norcutt

Well, i've gone and done it. Adorama had the E3/12-60 combo. plus the
MF1 to use my legacy zuikos, a c-pol and skylight (hoya, nothing
fancy), just because i do tend to shoot in rain and more of that
coming this winter. even got 3day shipping just because i want it
before the 4-5day weekend :D

feels good. quite a dent in the wallet, my my. patching along the E10
for the last month or so, hopefully it will still be a beater camera.

so who else's gone off the deep end?

/s