[OM] Re: filter rec. for 12-60mm

Subject: [OM] Re: filter rec. for 12-60mm
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 14:28:38 -0500
My personal opinion is that this is a bunch of hooey.  If you have an AR
coated filter (even an old one) it should be coated on both sides.  AR
coatings exist primarily to reduce reflections between glass surfaces
and increase overall transmittance through the lens which, in a zoom,
can easily have 15 or more elements.  The first instance of reflection
between surfaces is between your filter and the front element... digital
or no.

Chuck Norcutt