[OM] Re: OT equipment excitement

Subject: [OM] Re: OT equipment excitement
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 09:57:20 -0600
Interesting comment, Larry.  My old Lumix FZ-20 has a choice of
settings for IS:  1) let the IS work exclusively at the point of
capture;  2) let the IS work BOTH in the electronic viewfinder AND at
point of capture.  I suppose it seems crazy not to use 2).  There is a
downside that I can't quite recall (but I think it might be a bit of
delay at the shutter).  In any case, I've always kept it set at 1) in
order to force myself to do as well as I can to minimize movement and
then let the camera improve on what I am able to do.  It's always been
excellent at that.

Anyway, what you describe certainly fits what I am looking for in IS.

Joel W.