[OM] Re: OT equipment excitement

Subject: [OM] Re: OT equipment excitement
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 16:41:22 -0800
AG Schnozz wrote:
>> Moose's clock was off by 4 seconds, which has been corrected.
>>
> What is time, anyway?
Nature's way of keeping everything from happening at once.

"The Tao gives birth to One.
One gives birth to yin and yang.
Yin and yang give birth to all things. "

Time is one of the earlier of "all things" Sort of has to be, as earlier
is meaningless until time is birthed, so maybe it's the first. :-)

Whether one sees the birth of opposites, Yin and Yang, as the birth of
dimension, or dimension as part of all things, time and space/dimensions
are what allow all things to be differentiated. Certainly it seems that
dimension doesn't exist without time, although the opposite is less
clear to me.
> Does time exist?
It's all relative, even on the material plane, where it is part of the
structure that defines the nature of the material universe. Elsewhere,
not necessarily. Certainly not in all cases.
> Is it just a figment of our imagination?

Yes, but a persistent and often useful one.

Moose