[OM] Re: Epson Printers

Subject: [OM] Re: Epson Printers
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 20:26:26 -0800
Roger Key wrote:
> Thanks Moose. His review seems almost too good to be true, but I guess that
> I had better believe it. Now I just have to persuade my better half that we
> need an extra (wide) printer....

The truth is that the higher end prosumer printers have been really
excellent for several years. Although they continue to improve, the
steps have become quite small, or in relative specialty areas like B&W.

Other than some metamerism, mostly with non Epson paper, and an odd
little problem with a Kodak paper I tried, I think the now old 1270
makes beautiful color prints. I mostly went with the R1800 for the
pigment inks and very slightly for the CD/DVD print capability.

Depending on what you plan to do with it, you may want to check into the
paper compatibility of the 1400 vs. R1800. I know not all Epson printers
work with all their papers. And it looks from the papers Wilhelm tested
like the 1400 may not be for some of their more "pro" papers. All those
things are revealed on epson.com.

Moose