[OM] Re: Walking and shooting in Brooklyn - OT equipment

Subject: [OM] Re: Walking and shooting in Brooklyn - OT equipment
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 17:57:39 -0500
Here we go. From the flagship of the fleet of Western Journalism.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/19/arts/design/19phot.html

Andrew and I both were wrong about the black guy on the cover the NYT
Magazine. Quoted paragraph, last one on the first page:

"Also cited was a 1982 ruling in which the New York Court of Appeals
sided with The New York Times in a suit brought by Clarence
Arrington, whose photograph, taken without his knowledge while he was
walking in the Wall Street area, appeared on the cover of The New
York Times Magazine in 1978 to illustrate an article titled "The
Black Middle Class: Making It." Mr. Arrington said the picture was
published without his consent to represent a story he didn't agree
with. The New York Court of Appeals held that The Times's First
Amendment rights trumped Mr. Arrington's privacy rights."

--Bob