[OM] Re: OM lenses for Digital E-series camera

Subject: [OM] Re: OM lenses for Digital E-series camera
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 11:39:51 -0800
I don't know. It may be a combination of considerations for image
quality. Wide open fast lenses designed without the parallel ray
considerations that Olympus finds so important may restrict one end of
the aperture range. At the other end with smaller apertures and the
small pixels used by Olympus you run into pixel diffraction much
sooner than the aperture diffraction that you see in Gary's tests.
While pixel diffraction would be present in any lens at moderately
small stops on an Olympus digital camera, Olympus may feel that
because an OM lens must be operated manually it requires a special
warning compared to lenses that can operate in programmed modes on the
camera.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA