[OM] Re: Walking and shooting in Brooklyn - OT equipment

Subject: [OM] Re: Walking and shooting in Brooklyn - OT equipment
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 14:52:19 -0800
Winsor Crosby wrote:
> Wow, Moose. Those images are terrific, especially the people shots.
> You should explore street shooting more, since you obviously have a
> real talent there. Most impressive.

Gawrsh, blush, thanks.

I'll admit to some apparent, unexpected talent. I was somewhat surprised
and pleased at the number of decent or better shots I got and the high
keeper ratio.
The usual perspiration/inspiration ratios apply.

To the extent that I participated in the street life, particularly at
the fair, I missed shots. When I focused on the project, I did better,
but was essentially isolated as observer with agenda. I was generally
trying NOT to engage with other people. It raises some interesting
speculation for me about the personality of the famous street shooters.

Also, unlike the street shots of many contemporary bloggers, these were
each individually converted from RAW, post processed and cropped. It's a
time consuming process that took longer than it took to find and take
the shots; much the same, really, as the darkroom process AG recently
described, although generally only done once, occasionally twice, for
any given image. When I go on to print some of these, I'll be revisiting
the post processing. What's good for a web version isn't generally
what's best for a print.

I also consider it possible that my intentional choice of the opposite
of traditional street shooting equipment, which was an application of
intellect, as opposed to performance talent, contributed to many of the
good images.

Thanks again,
   Moose