[OM] Re: Walking and shooting in Brooklyn - OT equipment

Subject: [OM] Re: Walking and shooting in Brooklyn - OT equipment
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 00:06:32 -0500
Doug wrote:
> On Sunday, November 11, 2007 02:10, Larry wrote:
>> here's been no weather catastrophes or natural
>> disasters here in this part of NY for me to experience in my entire life
>> (1962). Just enough variance to not make the weather monotonous.
>>
> Is it that you are too young to remember the blizzard of '66 or did it not
> hit
> your part of the state.
Here in Long Island it was a storm from when there were more snow storms
in the old days. In that case, lots of snow, some more shoveling of the
driveway, and plows clearing it away.

Not really a "catastrophe" like other areas have experienced more
regularly (or once even) like tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, wildfires,
etc., or earthquakes etc. type disasters that I've read about and seen
on the TV. Trudging through snow for a few extra days 40 years ago
doesn't measure up.