[OM] Re: That pesky OM battery stuff again

Subject: [OM] Re: That pesky OM battery stuff again
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 08:47:01 -0600
On Nov 11, 2007 1:00 PM, Jay Drew <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I know there was a brief discussion a year or so ago concerning the
> re-formulation of the energizer 357 that is now "dual drain".  Anyone have
> experience with the new formulation and its effects on the OM's?  I perused
> the
> archive but didn't spot it.

I had just bought a mess of the 357 energizers before that discussion.
 They were reformulated and, more potentially distressing, re-modeled
as 357/303s to slightly thinner dimension IIRC.

While I am not putting these batteries through the same kind of
torture I used to back in the strictly OM days, I haven't found them
to be a problem in OMs.  It's just that my biggest problem with these
batteries nowadays is remembering to remove them from the camera when
I am not going to be using it for a while (stretching into months),
since even the thrifty OM-4T will run them down.  So I guess the new
formulation is the least of my problems with button batteries these
days.

Joel W.