[OM] Re: Laptop vs Desktop

Subject: [OM] Re: Laptop vs Desktop
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 10:02:56 -0800
I've been using a Mac PowerBook G4 as my main computer for the last
couple years, carrying it back and forth every day to the office. At
the office I hook it up to a 20" Cinema Display. Just upgraded to
Leopard, by the way, seamlessly, except that Photoshop 7.0 doesn't run
on Leopard. Oh well, time to leap to CS3 I guess....

Anyway..

I'd second your and Chris's take--get a desktop. Unless you attach a
separate monitor, keyboard, mouse, laptops suck ergonometrically...
The screen is much too low and you'll be uncomfortable for the hours
you'll typically spend messing with images. As you suggest, a desktop
is more likely to last 3-4.5 years as well. My "Mirror Drive Door" G4
DP1.25 from 2003 is still going strong. Just installed Leopard Server
on it....

Rob in Seattle