[OM] Re: Laptop vs Desktop

Subject: [OM] Re: Laptop vs Desktop
From: "Jez Cunningham" <jez.cunningham@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 20:21:14 +0100
Hmm - thanks Nathan.  Yeah, Vista being so new scares me, whereas XPpro has
been rock solid since I got rid of ME.  I am rather conservative about it
(only went to SP2 a few weeks ago) but I'd like to avoid an OS upgrade in
the life of this next machine.  I did go through it on this machine but it
wasn't 'a walk in the park'.
The current machine is a 4-yr old Dell Dimension, 1GHz P3 with now 1GB ram,
bigger primary and added secondary hard-disk, PCI card for USB2, etc. and
I've been comfortable with it running 24/24.  The trinitron crt is on its
last legs (wont calibrate any more).
So I am facing the same quandary - desktop or laptop.
Most people are pushing me desktop, except Winsor...  will most laptops
drive two monitors now?

thanks
jhez