[OM] Re: Flash for E500

Subject: [OM] Re: Flash for E500
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 19:14:27 +1100
You may laugh but I was recently offered two Bowens 8,000 watt flash
heads. Each one takes four floor packs to power it and comes on a
pole stand with a trolley base that takes the four packs and  an
integration module. They belonged to a studio that used them to to
shoot big trucks. Blimps? - no problem.
I was horribly tempted but I declined politely on the grounds that -
1. Parts are no longer available;
2. They'd melt the soft box;
3. If I fired one, the local fire brigade would turn out.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx