[OM] Re: Laptop vs Desktop

Subject: [OM] Re: Laptop vs Desktop
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 15:19:25 -0800
Chris Barker wrote:
> And get an iMac, Jez.  Vista looks horrible.
Good heavens, I don't care what it looks like. I care how it works. I
happen to think the cartoon bar at the bottom of an iMac screen is
really silly and a big waste of screen real estate, but that wouldn't
bother me in deciding whether it does what I want or not. (Sure, there
is probably a way to turn it off, but I only know what I see on other
folks screens.)

Safari for Windoze 'looks' nice, but is not as easily functional as
FireFox or even IE. Open a new tab in FF and the cursor is placed in the
address box, ready for me to type. Open one in Safari, then I have to
click on the address box to move the cursor there. Stupid.

Even it's window interface is crippled. On ordinary windows apps, one
may resize by grabbing any corner. Safari only uses the bottom right
corner, so resizing and relocating at the same time takes one mouse move
with other apps, but at least two for Safari. How is that use friendly
or efficiently functional?

I really don't care whose OS I use, as long as ti is easy to use,
efficient and functional. I happen to stick with Windoze for the simple
reasons that I am fimiliar with it and Apple hardware is (or was, when I
was shopping) considerably more expensive than PCs, and not as open for
hardware additions and upgrades. If there were a kiler app difference,
I'd switch in a moment.

But choose because of how it looks, nah.

Moose