[OM] Re: Laptop vs Desktop

Subject: [OM] Re: Laptop vs Desktop
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 17:21:19 -0800
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> You can move it to the side, reduce the size, make it hidde/pop-up,
> alter the behaviour, usw.

As I expected. However, my real point should not be obscured - I don't
find appearance to be a factor in deciding which OS to use. It could,
theoretically, be so, but neither is outstandingly beautiful or ugly to
my eye.
> The dock is really useful for fast access to programs and only gets
> in the way sometimes.

No argument here. Windoze has a similar thingie, also hide-able,
although much smaller than what I happen to have seen and used on Macs
lately. And I still use an application launch bar from Office '97 that's
long gone from newer versions of Office.

Again, I was talking about 'look', not function, as that was the point
in the post to which I was replying to which I was taking exception.

Moose