[OM] Re: 410-510 prices

Subject: [OM] Re: 410-510 prices
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 17:04:00 -0500

$495 for the 510 body. $675 for the two-lens kit.

I wonder if I might be permitted to express a smidge of displeasure
toward (Mt.) Olympus for the fact that those of us who bought the 510
earlier in the season paid considerably more, and while prices were
expected to drop in time, one can't help but wonder if one has been
milked.

Not that I will complain too loudly. I have gotten a good summer's
worth of shooting out of my 510, though the kit lenses have
languished. Still, I don't recall other "pro level" manufacturers
employing such precipitous price drops so soon after introduction.
Perhaps I'm just not recalling. And what does this mean for those
among the faithful who are even now fondling their new E-3s?

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com