[OM] Re: [OM]Brownie camera on TV

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM]Brownie camera on TV
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 14:22:14 -0800
Some of them can do a little better than what you describe, but
basically considering the simple little lens with fixed focus at a mid
distance, a single small f-stop, a tiny sensor that is probably
producing diffraction all over the place,  and no white balance
adjustment it is lucky to get anything recognizable at all.  Think of
it as the new Holga, not the new Stylus.  :-)  Actually after looking
at some old family album pictures taken mostly with old Kodak Brownies
there is not much difference from phone cam pix except they are all
black and white. Unlike modern prints, when you scan them there is not
anything else there. Printed at their maximum printable size already.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA