[OM] Re: Another "my e-3 is here" email..

Subject: [OM] Re: Another "my e-3 is here" email..
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 19:31:21 -0800
> From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> On 19/11/2007, Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>>
>>> At 1/60 you're 3 stops down from the rule of thumb for a 400mm
>>> equivalent.  At 2 stops (1/125) it might look a lot better.
>>
>> Actually, closer to 4 stops. The old rule-of-thumb (1/?f) was
>> designed
>> for 35mm film. For 4/3rds, the rule of thumb should be more like
>> 1/2*f?,
>
> Er, Jan, he did say "400mm equivalent" - the photo was taken using a
> 50-200 at 200.

Oops! I will type one hundred times: "Read before writing, read before
writing, read before writing..." :-)

:::: Nothing  will replace what we are burning up quickly now. Every
possible replacement has problems which have received little
publicity. -- Dr. Kenneth Watt ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com ::::