[OM] Rebel Xti vs E500 VF

Subject: [OM] Rebel Xti vs E500 VF
From: Ali Shah <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 19:23:44 -0800 (PST)
I had an opportunity to use a friend's Rebel Xti this
evening for a quick band shoot. There were 4 of us
shooting her son's band - all shooting C*non (30d and
Xti). She contacted me at the last minute and because
I was at work...I did not have any equipment and no
time to run home. Anyhow, I did not like the Rebel Xti
- not only is the body "cramped" but the viewfinder is
very small. In fact thinking back to the E-500, I felt
that the E500 had a slightly better VF, esp with the
magnifying eye-cup.

These are both older camera's, however this is the
first time that I have actually touched or used a
C*non dslr. Compared the D80 - both of those dont
stand a chance IMO. I say this because the Xti is
often compared to the D80.  One side note - the C*non
is made in Japan....which is impressive. Dont jump on
me but I still believe products made in Japan are
better.

I used ISO 1600 and yes the C*non was impressive in
low light. Only had the on-board flash to work with
but it seemed to work out.

Also glanced through the current Pop Photo. I expect
that they will give the E-3 glowing reviews soon.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs