[OM] Re: Anyone use retouchers?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anyone use retouchers?
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 09:48:09 -0500
Nope. Not unless they buy the shot outright for a whole pile of
money. Not that my pics of people are _worth_ a pile of money, but if
someone wants me to destroy one, the value goes _way_ up. Also, I'd
be reluctant to put my name to a picture someone else had doctored.
Unless it was Moose, of course. <g>

Were you shooting for hire? And if so, hired by whom? Off on a
tangent here, but if it's a "newsworthy" event, even if you're
shooting at the behest of the store, it's still a "public" thing, and
falls under the umbrella of editorial content/fair use. If the
bookstore goes beyond that and uses the image in its advertising,
then you have to have a release from her, unless she signed her
rights away when she came to the signing. It could get complicated
quickly.

--Bob