[OM] E-series Focus-confirmation IS-triggering chips are here

Subject: [OM] E-series Focus-confirmation IS-triggering chips are here
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 15:09:23 -0000
I have two of the fabled Russian chips!

But since ordering them, I have discovered that the E-1 is different from
the three-digit bodies, and they will not work with E-1 (not even as focus
confirmation chips, which is what I was interested in).  Works on E-300,
E-330, E-500, E-400, E-410, E-510.  Works with pretty much any manual focus
lens (to judge from user reports). Works with manual flash, but may have
problems with TTL flash.  Don't ask if it works with E-3.

I have one programmed for 50mm focal length and one for 180mm.  Judging by
the results posted previously the 50mm should give effective IS coverage up
to 100mm, and by extrapolation, I assume the 180mm would run up to 300mm -
the  effective range appears very wide.

Is anybody interested in getting one without needing a degree in Russian ;-)

As supplied, there is one chip and one chip carrier, a tube of cyanoacrylate
adhesive and a sheet of assembly instructions in English.  I could also
provide an OM-Fourthirds adapter if you want a complete one-stop solution.

Euro50 each for the chips will cover my costs (adapter extra, shipping
extra).

And if there is any interest in further supplies, having established
contact, I could facilitate more...

--
Piers