[OM] Re: [OM]address of a store in San Fransisco ?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM]address of a store in San Fransisco ?
From: marc simon <marc.simon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 22:57:15 +0100
Hi Moose and Jeff,

Moose a écrit :
> Jeff Keller wrote:
>
>> The two names I've heard are Adolph Gasser and Calumet.
>> Yes, Gasser has been there forever, the old line pro equipment and
>> rentals place.
>> http://www.gassers.com/10.html
>>
>> And Calumet the newer kid in town from the Midwest.
>> http://www.calumetphoto.com/ctl?ac.ui.pn=compinfo.CompStoreLocDetail&ac.comp.locID=SF

>> Sales tax in the bay area is over 8%. It would be cheaper to order it
>> from one of "internet stores" and have it shipped to a friend's
>> address for your son to pick up.
>>

> Considering the low international value of the US$, it might still be
> worthwhile. You should check whether they carry the lens. I seem to
> recall seeing ads for Ritz, a US chain, with the ZD 50/2. Probably not
> any cheaper, but perhaps more convenient.
>
> Like Jeff, I shop online for that sort of thing. In the US, although
> interstate sales are supposed to be taxed, according to the states, in
> practice, they are not by sellers with no retail presence in the
> receiving state. So buying by mail from B&H, KEH, Amazon, Cameta,
> Buydig, Adorama, etc. generally saves money - And one needn't deal with
> the big city, and the associated costs and hassle, in person.

thanks for the addresses and the advice... I've compared the price and
it will be cheaper to order "on line" but that option demand a local
"correspondent" ...as B&H for example deliver only to an US residential
address my son will be there only for one week in an hotel in the center
of San Francisco...
thanks again
regards
marc