[OM] Re: hi again & question about sales here

Subject: [OM] Re: hi again & question about sales here
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 07:51:02 -0800
Let me see, Andrew. You are advising him to get a system with lenses
that are not as good as his 30 year old lenses. Why buy a new modern
camera and put lenses on it that make it perform like a pre-OM camera
with not even automatic aperture or focusing aids like microprism or
split image in the viewfinder? Most people do not buy a new digital
camera in which speed is frequently a selling point in order to futz
around like you would with a view camera, without the view.  Perhaps
better advice is to pick a camera make that does not require the
substitution of other makers' wide angle lenses to improve its image
quality.  I would say to chuck it all an embrace the new. No reason at
all to keep one foot in the past.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA